Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) stores emails temporally, while they are scanned or waiting to be actioned by the mail server.
To install MSMQ on Windows Server 2016 or later:
- Start Server Manager.
- Go to Manage > Add Roles and Features.
- In the Before You Begin screen, click Next.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Select the server where to install the feature.
- Go to Features, and navigate to Message Queuing > Message Queuing Services and select Message Queuing Server.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- The setup may require a system restart. Click OK to finish.