Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQMicrosoft Message Queuing Services) stores emails temporally, while they are scanned or waiting to be actioned by the mail server.
To install MSMQ on Windows Server 2016 or later:
- Start Server Manager.
- Go to Manage > Add Roles and Features.
- In the Before You Begin screen, click Next.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Select the server where to install the feature.
- Go to Features, and navigate to Message Queuing > Message Queuing Services and select Message Queuing Server.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- The setup may require a system restart. Click OK to finish.