MailInsights® is a reporting facility that uses the data in the reporting database to deliver information related to email usage and trends.
GFI MailEssentials provides the Communication Flow report which gives a graphical presentation of emails exchanged between selected users/groups and their contacts. Other MailInsights® reports can be generated using GFI MailArchiver.
Communication Flow report
The Communication Flow report shows the top 20 contacts that a user communicated with in the previous 30 days.
- Navigate to Reporting > MailInsights and select the Communication Flow tab.
- Administrators can generate the report for any email user. Click Search to select an email user and click Generate to start building the report.
The generated report displays the data for the selected user as follows:
The top area of the report shows the total statistics of communication flow in the previous 30 days.
- Total Contacts - the total number of email addresses with whom the user had email communications.
- Total Internal - total number of internal users with whom the user had communications.
- Top Internal - the internal email address with whom the selected user communicated the most.
- Total External - total number of external users with whom the user had communications.
- Top External - the external email address with whom the selected user communicated the most.
The selected user is displayed as a single entity in the middle of the graph. Contacts are segregated by domains. Each domain cluster is shown in different color. Edge width between the nodes shows the strength of the email relation between different entities.
|Top 20 contacts
||The top 20 contacts with whom the selected user communicated the most. Color codes indicate the different contacts' domains. The table indicates the total number of sent & received emails with that contact, together with the date and time when the last email communication occurred.
MailInsights® Communication Flow report