Test your installation
After configuring all post-install actions, GFI MailEssentials is ready to start protecting and filtering your mail system from malicious and spam emails.
Ensure that GFI MailEssentials blocks unwanted emails. To do this, send inbound and outbound test emails that are purposely composed in such a way that they are blocked by GFI MailEssentials.
1. Launch the GFI MailEssentials console.
2. Go to GFI MailEssentials > Content Filtering > Keyword Filtering node.
3. Click Add Rule….
4. In Rule name type
5. From the Subject tab, select Block emails if content is found matching these conditions (message subject).
6. In Edit Condition type
Threat test and click Add Condition.
7. From Actions tab, enable Block email and perform this action and select QuarantineA email database where emails detected as spam and/or malware are stored in a controlled enviornment. Quarantined emails are not a threat to the network enviorment. email.
8. Click Apply to save the rule.
1. From an internal email account, create a new email and type
Threat test as the subject.
2. Send the email to an external email account.
Verify that both inbound and outbound test emails are blocked and quarantined. To do this:
1. From GFI MailEssentials, go to Quarantine > Today.
2. Ensure that both inbound and outbound test emails are listed in MalwareAll malicious types of software that are designed to compromise computer security and which usually spread through malicious methods. and Content tab, reason being: Triggered rule "Test rule".
When test is completed successfully, delete or disable Test rule created in step 1.