Enabling SNMP monitoring in Kerio Operator
SNMPSimple Network Management Protocol - A protocol for gathering and organizing information about devices in IP networks, and changing devices behavior. is a protocol which allows you to monitor Kerio Operator status.
- In the administration interface, go to Network > General.
- Click Configure.
- Check SNMP monitoring is enabled.
- In the Location field, type any text which will help you recognize the server and its location.
- In the Contact field, type address which will help you recognize the server and its location.
- Select which version to use — 2c (default password contains
public) or 3.
Version 2c supports passwords as plain text only (community string), version 3 supports encryption. Some monitoring tools, however, do not support version 3.
Using Cacti for SNMP monitoring
Cacti is a standard monitoring tool which can handle the SNMP protocol.
If you use CactiMonitoring tool based on SNMP. to monitor your servers, go to cacti.net to acquire a template for Kerio Operator. It was created for Cacti 8.8 and newer and contains graphs similar to screen-shot below.
To import the template, follow these steps:
- Connect to your Cacti with your browser.
- Download the template archive and extract it.
- Select Import Templates.
- Click Choose File and select the XML template file.
Once the import is finished, go to the Devices section, add a new device, enter the DNS name of Kerio Operator and in the Host Template menu select Kerio Operator.