Configuring the SMTP server
Kerio Control does not provide any built-in SMTP server. If you want to get alerts, notifications, statistics and reports to your mailbox, use MyKerio notification service or configure an SMTP Relay Server.
By default, MyKerio notification service sends all emails from Kerio Control, but the amount of emails this service can send is limited per 24 hours. If you expect a large amount of emails from your appliance, use SMTP Relay instead.
If you want to use a common SMTP relay:
- In the administration interface, go to Remote Services > SMTP Relay.
- Select SMTP server.
- In the Server field, type DNSDomain Name System - A database enables the translation of hostnames to IP addresses and provides other domain related information. name or IP addressAn identifier assigned to devices connected to a TCP/IP network. of the server. If available, use an SMTP server within the local network (messages are often addressed to local users).
- Select Require SSLSecure Sockets Layer - A protocol that ensures integral and secure communication between networks.-secured connection. Kerio Control selects the best method available with this option enabled.
- If the SMTP server requires authentication, type username and password at the specified SMTP server.
- Specify an email address in the Specify sender email
address in the "From:" header field.
This item must be preset especially if the SMTP server strictly
checks the header (messages without or with an invalid
Fromheader are considered as spams). Preset
Fromheader does not apply to messages forwarded during antivirus check.
- Click Test.
- In the Email Address dialog, type your email address for testing the connection and click OK.
- Click Apply.