Configuring PPTP tunnel
Kerio Control supports PPPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol). Some Internet providers use PPTPPoint-to-Point Tunneling Protocol - A set of communication rules that allows to extend corporate network through private tunnels over public Internet. to create tunnels for connecting you to the Internet.
Configure a PPTP interface if your provider requires this protocol.
You need the following information from your provider:
- PPTP server hostname
- Username and password for PPTP server access
- In the administration interface, go to Interfaces.
- Click Add > PPTP.
- In the PPTP Interface Properties dialog, type a new interface name.
- The Interface Group leave as it is. You can change it later.
- On tab Dialing Settings, type the PPTP server hostname, username and password.
- Set time intervals in which the connection should be established persistently and when it should be disconnected. Out of these intervals, the link will demand manual dialing. The link can be hung up automatically after defined period of idleness.
- Save the settings.
The new tunnel is displayed as Up in the Interfaces section. The Internet connection is established.