Kerio Control can be installed in three different ways:
From version 9.3 onwards 32-bit hardware is no longer supported.
|Software ApplianceA special operating system designed to run on a computer.||
Kerio Control Software Appliance is a package of Kerio Control and a special Linux-based operating system. Install the appliance on a PC without an operating system.
|Virtual AppliancePre-configured Kerio Control virtual machine image for VMware or Hyper-V.|
|Kerio Control Box||
Kerio Control Box is a hardware device with Kerio Control Software Appliance pre-installed. Two models are available. For more information refer to Kerio Control NG series installation guide.
The below information explains how to install the software appliance edition on a machine without an operating system. Watch this video for more information.
Any existing operating system and files on the target hard disk will be erased.
For hardware requirements, read Technical Specifications.
- Download the ISO image from the Download page.
- Select one of these actions:
- Burn the ISO image on a CD/DVD
- Use the ISO image to create a bootable USB flash disk
- Boot from the appropriate drive. The installation runs automatically. Kerio Control checks all interfaces for a DHCPDynamic Host Configuration Protocol - A protocol that automatically gives IP addresses and additional configuration to hosts in a network. server in the network and the DHCP server provides a default route after the installation:
- Internet interfaces — All interfaces where Kerio Control detects the DHCP server and the default route in the network. If there is more than one Internet interface with a default route, Kerio Control arranges the Internet interfaces in the load balancingAlgorithm distributes network or application traffic across multiple internet links. mode.
- LANLocal area network - A network that connects computers and other devices in a small area. interfaces — All interfaces without any detected DHCP server. Kerio Control runs its own DHCP server through all LAN interfaces configured to 10.10.X.Y where X is the index of the LAN interface (starting with 10). Y is 1 for the Control interface and 11-254 for DHCP assigned hosts.
- Follow the instructions on the computer's console to perform the basic configuration.
- To perform the initial setup, open the following address in your web
https://kerio_control_ip_address:4081/admin, for example,
https://10.10.10.1:4081/adminwhich is the IP addressAn identifier assigned to devices connected to a TCP/IP network. where Kerio Control is accessible from your LAN.
- Follow the Activation Wizard.
After finishing the wizard, Kerio Control displays the login page.
To change the automatic pre-configuration, go to Kerio Control Administration to section Interfaces. For more information refer to Configuring network interfaces.
Kerio Control Virtual Appliance is a UTM solution distributed as a virtual appliance for VMware and Hyper-V. The software provides a complex set of features for security of local networks, control of user access to the Internet and monitoring of user activity.
|Kerio Control VMware Virtual Appliance||For more information refer to Kerio Control VMware Virtual Appliance.|
|Kerio Control Hyper-V Virtual Appliance||For more information refer to Kerio Control Virtual Appliance for Hyper-V.|
Kerio Control can be acquired as a dedicated hardware device that can be installed inside your network as an unified threat management firewall that features intrusion prevention, content filtering, activity reporting, bandwidth management, and virtual private networking.
The hardware applianceKerio Control installed and delivered with standardized and tested hardware box. comes with three options:
|Hardware Appliance NG100||
3x Gb ports.
1.3 GHz Dual Core Intel Bay Trail, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB SSD.
|Hardware Appliance NG300||
Sub-1U table-mountable appliance.
4x Gb ports .
2.4 GHz quad core Intel Atom, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB SSD.
|Hardware Appliance NG500||
1U rack-mountable appliance.
6x Gb ports.
3.6 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB SSD.