Important notes when upgrading to specific older versions
When upgrading from versions older than 8.0.0, the appropriate milestone versions must be installed one-by-one for upgrading to the latest version. For more information refer to Upgrading from versions older than Kerio Connect 8.0.0. Some of these versions have their specific notes and prerequisites that you must know before upgrading.
Kerio Connect 7.4
- The Bayes database gets upgraded to a different format of database at the time of the first Kerio Connect server start-up.
- The old database remains stored in the backup folder for instances where you may have to downgrade it. In case of downgrade to older version of Kerio Connect, Kerio Outlook Connector needs to be downgraded manually.
Kerio Connect 7.3
- If you change platform from PowerPC Mac to Mac Intel, the SpamAssassin database is erased and starts from scratch.
- If Out Of Office settings does not work in a Microsoft Entourage account, the user have to reconfigure the account using the new configuration tool, the Account Assistant.
- If you are using an offline version of Kerio Outlook Connector, the local cache gets converted upon the first start of Outlook. This may take up to several minutes, depending on the size of the local cache and hardware performance (expected upgrade speed is 1GB per 5 minutes). It is not possible to use Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) during the local cache conversion. For more information refer to Kerio Outlook Connector database upgrade.
- The Kerio Updater Service is mandatory,so.the Kerio Outlook Connector won't be upgraded without this service. For more information refer to Kerio Updater Service installation.
Kerio Connect 7.2
- Kerio Connect 7.2 will perform various updates in your data store. Depending on the data store size and hardware configuration these updates may affect the server performance in the first 24 hours after the server upgrade.
- Users of Microsoft Entourage may experience troubles while moving folders.
- Apple iCal users are advised to restart their clients after server upgrade.
- All users must reconfigure their profiles in Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac after upgrading from any previous beta version of Kerio Connect 7.2.
- If you are using an offline version of Kerio Outlook Connector, the local cache gets converted upon the first start of Outlook after the upgrade. This may take up to several minutes, depending on the size of the local cache and hardware performance (expected upgrade speed is 1GB per 5 minutes). It is not possible to use Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) during the local cache conversion. For more information refer to Kerio Outlook Connector database upgrade..
- From version 7.2.0 the mechanism for automatic upgrade of Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) has been changed. The upgrade process is newly performed by the new Kerio Updater Service. The service is installed within the first full installation of Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) 7.2.0 and higher. Installation of the service requires administration privileges. To ease the transition for users without administration privileges, the old upgrade mechanism will continue working through all 7.2.X versions. During this transition period, users and/or administrators have to perform full re-installation with administration privileges. For more information refer to Kerio Updater Service installation..
- Once you have upgraded to a version newer than Kerio Connect 7.1.4 Patch 1 you can only roll back to Kerio Connect 7.1.4 Patch 1. This is due to changes that have been implemented in the Kerio Connect software.
Kerio Connect 7.1
- Kerio Connect will re-create all CalDAVCalendaring extension to WebDAV that enables you to synchronize calendars. and CardDAVvCard Extensions to WebDAV that enables you to synchronize contacts. databases upon the first start. It can cause temporary inaccessibility of calendar and contact items in CalDAV and CardDAV clients.
- The integrated McAfee antivirus is replaced by Sophos antivirus. It is not necessary to change Kerio Connect license immediately. The current license with McAfee antivirus will work in the new Kerio Connect with Sophos.
- If the license with McAfee is updated for any reason, the license is converted to the new one with Sophos antivirus. This new license cannot be used in old Kerio Connect with McAfee antivirus. This means that it is not possible to downgrade Kerio Connect after renewal.
Kerio Connect 7.0
- On completion, the Kerio Connect server rebuilds the Indexes for all accounts within the message store directory.
- Users are able to access their account, but may notice some slow response times while this action is completed.
Kerio MailServer 6.2
- Since, in version 6.2 it has been required to use the exactly same version of Kerio MailServer and Kerio Outlook Connector, the upgrade to a new version of Kerio Outlook Connector is offered automatically during the first start of Microsoft Outlook after Kerio MailServer upgrade.
- If the automatic upgrade failed for some reason, it would be necessary to upgrade Kerio Outlook Connector manually. The Kerio Outlook Connector is available from our archive, http://download.kerio.com/archive.
Kerio MailServer 6.1
- The most important step in this update is to convert the Kerio Outlook Connector user settings to a new database. This is a time consuming action and can take few hours according to the Kerio MailServer message store size.
- It is recommended to perform this upgrade at a time when it will not affect users as Kerio MailServer can be slow during this time due to a heavy load.
Kerio MailServer 6.0.10
- Once Kerio MailServer gets upgraded to version 6.0.10, it is necessary to manually update Kerio Outlook Connector.
Kerio MailServer 5.x.x to Kerio MailServer 6.x.x
- When upgrading from Kerio MailServer 5.7.0 to Kerio MailServer 6.0.0. according to the upgrade process you may notice a problem with a version check. This problem happens occasionally and is caused by a missing version registry key in Windows. This problem can appear only on Windows platform and can be fixed using this registry key file (a zip archive).