Configuring IMAP, CardDAV, and CalDAV on Android based devices
You are configuring an Android based device to synchronize Email, Contacts, and Calendars with Kerio Connect.
The Android mobile operating system supports a variety of options for synchronizing Email, Contacts, and Calendars. This article addresses the specific options which combine the open protocols (IMAPInternet Message Access Protocol - One of the two most commonly used Internet standard protocols for e-mail retrieval, the other being POP3., CalDAVCalendaring extension to WebDAV that enables you to synchronize calendars., and CardDAVvCard Extensions to WebDAV that enables you to synchronize contacts.).
Android OS natively supports IMAP for managing email, however CalDAV and CardDAV require installation of the Kerio Connect Sync app for Android. For more information refer to Kerio Connect Sync app for Android devices.
To configure IMAP, do the following:
This assumes as an example, that your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and your Kerio Connect server is located at mail.mydomain.com. These values must be replaced by your own email address and location of your Kerio Connect server.
- From the Home screen, tap the Application button and then tap the Email icon.
- If this is your first email account, you will be presented with an email setup screen, tap the Next button. Otherwise, press the Menu button, tap Accounts, press the Menu button, and tap Add account.
- Enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com) and in the second box, enter the password associated with your email account.
- Tap the Manual setup button and then tap the IMAP button and enter the following information in the fields provided:
- Username—Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password—Enter the password associated with your email account.
- IMAP server—Enter the secure server name: mail.mydomain.com
- Port—Enter the secure port number: 993
- Security type—Select SSLSecure Sockets Layer - A protocol that ensures integral and secure communication between networks. (always)
- Tap the Next button. The device will connect to the internet and check your incoming settings.
- On the Outgoing server settings screen, enter the following information in the fields provided:
- SMTPSimple Mail Transport Protocol - An internet standard used for email transmission across IP networks. server—Enter the secure server name: mail.mydomain.com
- Port—Enter the secure port number: 587
- Security type—Select SSL (always)
- Tap the Require sign-in checkbox then tap the Next button and the device will connect to the internet and check your outgoing settings.
- On the Account options screen, make changes, as desired.
- Tap the Next button. On the Set up email screen, enter your name in the Type your name field (this is the name that will be displayed in the From field of email messages you send) and then tap the Done button.