Adding users one-by-one
Follow the add user wizard to add one new user:
1. From the GFI FaxMaker Online console, go to > UsersAccounts configured in GFI FaxMaker Online that can send and receive faxes. node.
2. Click Add Users.
3. In the Create User tab, User details dialog, specify the basic options of a user:
The user's first name.
The first name, together with the surname, is used in notification messages, reports and for populating a coverpage's sender name field.
The user's surname.
The surname, together with the first name, is used in notification messages, reports and for populating a coverpage's sender surname field.
|Fax CSIDCall Subscriber Identification.||(Optional) The Called Subscriber Identification is a custom name or number that the recipient sees when this user sends a fax.|
|DepartmentA collection of settings that can be applied by default to new users.||Select to which department the user belongs.|
4. In the Faxing Settings dialog, configure:
|No Fax numberA software-based (FoIP) dedicated fax number. Required||Select this option if user can send but not receive faxes. Such users are not assigned a fax number.|
|Choose Fax Number||
Select a fax number to assign to this user.
Specify the email address from where the user sends faxes.
GFI FaxMaker Online only processes emails received from email addresses specified in this field.
Choose how to receive faxes:
Specify the email address where GFI FaxMaker Online forwards faxes received by this user.
Select the format of the fax to use when receiving a fax.
GFI FaxMaker Online converts the received fax content to the selected format and attaches the file to an email addressed to the Receiving email.
|Fax Page Separation||
When enabling this option, each fax page is processed as a separate file.
Users receive each fax page separately in the chosen fax format.
5. In CoverpageA page containing information attached and sent as the first page of a fax. This page is customizable and can contain company logo, sender and recipient information, fax details and more. Preferences dialog, configure the coverpage to use when user sends faxes. A coverpage is sent as the first page of a fax and includes various fax details, such as a custom message, recipient and sender’s information. Configure the following options:
|Coverpage file||Select coverpage to apply from the list of coverpages.|
Click Browse to upload a new coverpage. For more information refer to Creating a coverpage.
|Automatic Coverpages||Adds the selected coverpage with all faxes sent by the user.|
|No Coverpages||Does not include a coverpage with outgoing faxes.|
|With Body Text||A coverpage is only added if the email sent by the user includes a body. If the email contains only an attachment, the coverpage is not included.|
6. In Notification settings dialog, configure the conditions when GFI FaxMaker Online sends email notifications.
7. In the Date Format dialog, configure the date and time settings according to the user's regional location and preferences. These settings are used by GFI FaxMaker Online to display the fax transmission date and time, in the correct format.
|Time zone||Select the location time zone.|
Select the preferred date format.
Select the preferred time format.
Click Finish to create the user.
Added users are notified via email that they can use the GFI FaxMaker Online service. They are also provided instructions on how to create an account password to start using the mobile apps. For more information refer to User credentials.