Port your fax numbers to GFI FaxMaker Online to continue using your existing fax numbers in GFI FaxMaker Online. This enables you to retain your existent contact details.
- The portability of a number is dependent on your current fax number carrier or service provider.
- Ensure that there are no timed contracts, open bills, open orders or open litigation with your current fax number carrier from where the number will be ported.
- To port a number that is part of a DID range, contact the current carrier to confirm they will allow that number to be ported away from them. If the carrier confirms, keep a record of the confirmation and the name and contact details of your carrier’s representative
- Porting a number may require a number of days to complete.
- You may continue using GFI FaxMaker Online during porting.
- This functionality is currently not available to fax numbers in Italy.
To port fax numbers:
- From the GFI FaxMaker Online Administrator Portal, click and select Port Fax Numbers.
- Key in the service provider, the number to port and click Add.
- Repeat step 2 for all numbers to port.
- Click Submit Request.
A representative from GFI will contact you back in about one business day to confirm whether your numbers are portable.
After confirming that numbers are portable, fill in, sign and send a letter of authorization to GFI. Download a letter of authorization from: http://go.gfi.com/?pageid=FMO_PortSingle
Use separate forms when:
- Numbers are with different service providers. Fill in a separate form for each provider.
- Numbers located in Europe have different area codes. Fill in a separate form for each area code.
Include a copy of your Customer Service Record, obtainable from your current service provider. This industry standard record contains information about your account required to complete the porting process.
If you are unable to obtain a Customer Service Record, include a copy of the first page of your latest billing statement instead. Porting a number using this method, however, takes longer to complete.
GFI processes your porting request and will contact you when porting is complete.
You can now assign fax numbers to your GFI FaxMaker Online users.