Recovering your Kerio Operator Box V series password using a USB flash drive
You can recover your password for the administration interface with a USB flash drive.
You need a flash drive with the capacity of at least 256 MB.
The password recovery tool is designed for a single use so that the operation does not repeat if you restart with the flash drive still in the USB port. You can remove the files from the flash drive after the upgrade.
To recover a lost administration password:
- Insert the flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Make sure that only one partition with the FAT16 or FAT32 (VFAT) file system is created on the flash drive. The USB disk must not be formatted by the NTFS, ext2, ext3, or ext4 file systems.
- Download and save the file kerio-operator-password-reset to the flash drive.
- Switch off Kerio Operator.
- Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port of your Kerio Operator box.
- Switch on Kerio Operator.
- When the Kerio Operator Engine starts up, open the Kerio Operator administration interface in a browser. The activation wizard opens.
- In the activation wizard, create a new password for the admin account.