Recovering password using USB flash-drive for Kerio Operator
Kerio Technologies provides a tool for password recovery. The tool is designed for use from a USB flash-drive.
For password recovery a USB flash-drive with capacity of at least 256 MB will do.
The password recovery tool is designed for a single use to avoid unexpected repetition of the operation upon the next restart in case that the flash-drive has not been dismounted. This implies that once you perform the operation, the disk content cannot be used again and the files can be removed.
Forgotten administration password can be recovered by using file kerio-operator-password-reset.
Follow these instructions:
- Mount the USB flash-drive to your computer.
- Make sure that only one fragment with file system FAT16 or FAT32 (VFAT) is created on the flash-drive. The USB disk must not be formatted by file system NTFS or ext2 / ext3 / ext4.
- Save file kerio-operator-password-reset to the flash-drive.
- Switch off the Kerio Operator.
- Plug the USB flash-drive into the USB port.
- Switch on Kerio Operator.
- In your web browser, open the Kerio Operator Administration.
- Activation wizard opens in the browser. As the product has already been activated, the wizard will require a new administration password.
Now you can login as user
Admin with a new
If it does not work, try another USB flash-drive.
Details of the known issue: There are two formats of USB flash-drives (the first type uses MBRMaster Boot Record - A type of a boot sector. as a boot sector, the second one is formatted as a floppy). Each format is eligible for different type of hardware device:
- Kerio Operator Box 1210, 3210 and 3230 — if the USB flash-drive is formatted as a floppy. The second type which uses MBR cannot connect to Kerio Operator Box.
- Kerio Operator Box 1220 — if the USB flash-drive uses MBR as a boot record, you can use it directly. The second type which is formatted as a floppy cannot connect to Kerio Operator Box. If you want to use it, format the USB flash-drive according to the following steps: Formatting USB flash-drive with MBR.