Creating user accounts
User accounts in Kerio Operator are used for:
- Login users to Kerio Phone
- Link users with an extension
- Set access rights to the system
If you do not use directory services, create a local user in the Kerio Operator administration:
- In the Configuration > Users section, click Add.
- The Add User dialog box opens.
- On the General tab, type username and password. The username must not contain spaces, diacritics and special symbols.
- Click OK.
The user account appears in the Users section and the user can connect to Phone.
Mapping differs according to the directory service used:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Apple Open Directory
You need basic login credentials to connect directory service to Kerio Operator.
Assigning extensions to users
An extension is an internal telephone line. Each user can have assigned one or more extensions in Kerio Operator.
- In the Configuration > Users section, select a user and click Edit. The Edit User dialog box opens.
- On the Extensions tab, click Add. The Select Extensions dialog box opens.
- In the Select Extensions dialog box, click Add. The Add Extension dialog box opens with predefined unused extension.
- If the extension number meets your dial plan, click OK. If not, rewrite the extension number and then click OK.
- Save the settings.
The users can use their Kerio Operator phone extension.