Assigning static IP addresses for Kerio Control VPN Clients
If Kerio Control user needs to access services hosted on the Kerio Control VPNVirtual private network - A network that enables users connect securely to a private network over the Internet. Client, you can assign a static IP addressAn identifier assigned to devices connected to a TCP/IP network. to Kerio Control VPN Client.
- Do not set the same IP address to multiple users, Kerio Control assigns the address to the last edited user. All other users with the same IP address lose it, and they get a dynamic address from the DHCPDynamic Host Configuration Protocol - A protocol that automatically gives IP addresses and additional configuration to hosts in a network. server.
- A user with an assigned static Kerio Control VPN Client address can connect to just one device at a time.
To assign static IP address to VPN clients:
- In the administration interface, go to Users and Groups > Users.
- Double-click the user to whom you want to assign a static IP address.
- In the Edit User dialog box, go to the Addresses tab.
- Select Assign a static IP address to VPN client.
- Type the static IP address.
- Click OK.