Creating user groups in Kerio Control
User accounts can be sorted into groups. Creating user groups provides the following benefits:
- assigning access rights to groups of users
- using groups when defining access rules
Creating user groups
You can create either a local user group or map existing groups from a directory service. For more information refer to Connecting Kerio Control to directory service.
Local groups are created and managed through the Kerio Control administration interface.
- Go to the administration interface.
- In section Groups, select Local User Database.
- Click Add.
- On the General tab, enter a group name.
- On tab Members click Add.
- Select users you wish to add to the group and confirm.
You can also go to Users and select a group in user's settings.
- On tab Rights, you can configure access rights for this group. For more information refer to Setting access rights in Kerio Control.
- Save the settings.