Upgrading to the latest version from Kerio Control 9.1 and newer
This topic describes how to upgrade a Kerio Control version 9.1 or newer installation to the latest version while retaining all settings.
Important notes when upgrading
- Follow these notes and instructions to upgrade your current Kerio Control version 9.1 or newer installation to the latest version while retaining all settings.
- This Kerio Control version does not support Kerio VPNVirtual private network - A network that enables users connect securely to a private network over the Internet. Clients 9.2.7 or older. The user needs to upgrade all Kerio Control VPN clients to 9.2.8+ to be able to connect. Another solution is to enable the unsecure blowfish protocol using the following steps:
1. Open ssh connection or from console.
2. Go to /opt/kerio/winroute folder.
./tinydbclient "Update VPN set AllowBlowfishCipher=1".
- Once you purchase Kerio Control or extend your Software Maintenance, you are eligible to receive new versions of Kerio Control and its components as soon as they are available.
- To get notified about new versions of Kerio Control, configure Alert Settings.For more information refer to Using alert messages.
- In the administration interface, go to section Advanced Options > Software Update.
- Select option Periodically check for new versions. When a new version is available, the Software Update tab displays a link to the download page.
- Select Download and upgrade to new versions automatically in given time interval for automatic upgrade.
- Select Upgrade window time interval. The time interval is set in Time Ranges and you can adjust it to your schedule.For more information refer to Creating time ranges in Kerio Control.
- Click Apply. Kerio Control now downloads new versions of Kerio Control and in the given interval upgrades to the new version