How do I renew an expired SSL certificate?
You have renewed your expired certificate with your certificate provider, and a .crt file has arrived in your email. You need to import it into KMS.
- In the KMS Administration console, look in Configuration > SSLSecure Sockets Layer - A protocol that ensures integral and secure communication between networks. Certificates. Get the certificate name of the active certificate (Example: server, server1, server2, etc.)
- On the operating system of KMS, go to the SSL certificateSSL certificates are used to authenticate an identity on a server. folder for the mailserver. Default locations:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Kerio\Mailserver\sslcert
- Linux: /opt/kerio/mailserver/sslcert (you must be root)
- Mac OS: /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/sslcert (you must be root)
- Stop Kerio MailServer.
- In this folder, you will see files with names like server.crt, server1.crt, etc. Find the name which matches the name from step 1 above. Make a backup of the .crt file with your active certificate name.
- Copy the new crt file over it and give it the same name as the file from the previous step.
- Start Kerio MailServer.
- If all goes well, your certificate should now be updated.
- If there are any problems, stop Kerio MailServer, put the original certificate back in the sslcert folder, and start Kerio MailServer. Then perform the steps to re-issue your SSL certificate.