Filtering message attachments in Kerio Connect
Many viruses are hidden as email message attachments. As part of its antivirus control, Kerio Connect can filter email attachments according to your settings.
If Kerio Connect detects a problematic attachment, it removes the attachment and delivers the message without it.
Configuring the attachment filter
To configure attachment filtering:
- In the administration interface, go to Configuration > Content Filter > Attachment Filter.
- Select the option Enable attachment filter.
- If you want Kerio Connect to notify the sender that their attachment was not delivered, select the option Send the sender a warning.
- To have Kerio Connect send the original messages to a different email address, select the option Forward the original messages to and type the address.
- To have Kerio Connect send the filtered messages to a different email address, select the option Forward the filtered messages to and type the address.
- To discard the
ZIPattachments with dangerous files, select the Discard zip archive containing files with dangerous extensions... option.
New in Kerio Connect 8.5!
- Select any of the predefined filter rules. Each rule can allow or block one specific type of attachment.
- Click Apply.
Now when a problematic attachment is detected, Kerio Connect removes it and delivers the message without the attachment.
Creating custom attachment filter rules
To customize your filter rules:
- In the section Configuration > Content Filter > Attachment Filter, click Add.
- Type a description for the new rule.
- Define the condition for the attachments.
- Select whether Kerio Connect blocks or accepts messages with this type of attachment.
- Click OK.
For details on attachment filtering in your Kerio Connect, consult the Security log.