Assigning a static IP address to a PC
It is likely that a search on the Internet easily yield instructions on how to configure the management computer (PC) with a static IPInternet protocol address. For convenience, instructions on how to do this for a Windows XP-based PC are given below.
To set a static IP address:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Classic view: Open Network Connections.
Category view: Open Network and Internet Connections, and then Network Connections.
- Double-click on the active LANLocal area network or Internet connection.
- Click Properties. This opens the Local Area Connection Properties window.
- In the General tab, highlight the Internet Protocol (TCPTransmission Control Protocol/IP), and click Properties.
This opens the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window.
- In the General tab, click Use the following IP address, and enter:
- IP address. The static IP address to be assigned to this computer (it is recommended that 192.168.254.10 be used unless changed the IP address of the Exinda SD-WANSoftware-Defined Wide Area Network has been reconfigured).
- Subnet mask. Subnet mask used by the Exinda SD-WANWide Area Network (usually this is 255.255.255.0).
- Default gateway. IP address of the Exinda SD-WAN (usually this is 192.168.254.99).
- In Use the following DNSDomain Name Server server addresses, enter all the IP addresses for the DNS servers the Exinda SD-WAN uses (the address 192.168.254.99 can be used, or this can be left blank to configure the Exinda SD-WAN).
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to close each window.
- Restart the computer.
- Then, check the IP address again, to make sure that the changes were applied.
To check the IP address:
- Open Windows Start menu.
- Select Run. Type: command and click OK.
- At the blinking cursor, type: ipconfig /all and press Enter.
- Look for these entries near the end of the list:
- DHCPDynamic Host Configuration Protocol Enabled. “No” means the IP address is static. “Yes” means it is dynamic.
- IP Address. This is the current IP address.
- To exit, at the blinking cursor, type: exit and press Enter.