Obtaining a GFI MailEssentials subscription
During the GFI MailEssentials installation, you are requested to key in your GFI account credentials or a license key.
Choose the procedure that best describes your scenario for information on how to obtain a subscription:
For a free GFI MailEssentials trial for 30 days:
- Fill in the registration form at: https://www.gfi.com/products-and-solutions/email-and-messaging-solutions/gfi-mailessentials/download
- Check your mail box and open the email received from email@example.com.
- Click the link provided to confirm your account details and to create a password for your GFI Account.
- After confirming your account details, the installer is automatically downloaded.
- During the installation process, provide your GFI account credentials.
During installation, key in the username and password associated with your account and verify that the account is valid.
Your license status can also be verified from the GFI Accounts Portal. Login to https://accounts.gfi.com and click My products. Select GFI MailEssentials to check the status of your license.
When upgrading GFI MailEssentials to a build of the same version, such as when installing a Service Release, you have two options to enter a license:
- Enter your GFI account credentials.
- Select a license key from the Available keys list.
If you don't have access to your previous license key but you have a GFI account, you can retrieve the license key from the GFI Accounts portal. Login to https://accounts.gfi.com and click My products. Select GFI MailEssentials to retrieve your license key.
When upgrading your current installation to a newer major version, there are two scenarios:
- If using GFI Accounts, enter your credentials.
- If using a license key, upgrade your key:
Log in to the GFI Customer Area on https://customers.gfi.com/.
- If you have a valid GFI MailEssentials maintenance agreement, click the blue key icon on the right and select Upgrade License Key to upgrade your license key. Then, key in your upgraded license key when running the installation wizard.
- If you do not have a valid GFI MailEssentials maintenance agreement, click on the blue key icon on the right and select Renewal. Renew your maintenance agreement. On completion a new license key is available. Then, key in your upgraded license key when running the installation wizard.