Updating Kerio Control Box NG series using a USB flash drive
You can upgrade the system in your Kerio Control NG box with a USB flash drive.
The update tool is designed for a single use. An operation does not repeat if you restart with the flash drive still in the USB port. Once you perform the operation unplug the flash drive.
All data and settings remain preserved after the upgrade.
There are two types of USB flash drives on the market. Kerio Control NG 500 requires a flash drive formatted with a master boot record (MBR). USB drives with floppy-type formatting cannot connect to Kerio Control NG 500, but can be reconfigured to work. See Formatting a USB flash drive with MBR.
Upgrading Kerio Control
- Insert the flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
- Make sure that only one partition with the FAT16 or FAT32 (VFAT) file system is created on the flash drive. The USB disk must not be formatted by the NTFS, ext2, ext3, or ext4 file systems.
- Download and save the kerio-control-usbupgrade file to the flash drive.
- Switch off the Kerio Control box.
- Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port of your Kerio Control box.
- Switch on the Kerio Control box. Then the upgrade starts.
- When the upgrade is complete, the Kerio Control box reboots to the new version.
- Remove the flash drive from the Kerio Control box.
Kerio Control is upgraded to the desired version.