Configuring Microsoft Windows 8 Mail using Exchange ActiveSync
Kerio Connect 8.1 and above supports the ability to synchronize mail, contacts, and calendars to the Microsoft Windows 8 operating system via the Exchange ActiveSync protocol.
Beginning May 1, 2013, the support of Exchange ActiveSync in Kerio Connect is available as an add-on.
Configuring Kerio Connect
There is no additional configuration necessary to support Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) from Microsoft Windows 8.
Check the following items:
- Exchange ActiveSync add-on in Kerio Connect
- HTTPS service running and port 443 open on your firewall
- SSL certificate signed by a certification authority to simplify desktop configurationFor more information refer to Configuring SSL certificates in Kerio Connect.
Installing SSL certificate on your desktop
Users need to install a certificate if Kerio Connect uses a self-signed certificate. For more information refer to Configuring SSL certificates in Kerio Connect.
- Go to the Kerio Connect client login page and click Integration with Windows.
- Click the Download SSL certificate link.
- Open the file and select Install the certificate.
- Select either the current user of local machine.
- Browse for the Certificate store and select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
Configuring Mail on Windows 8
Before you add an Exchange ActiveSync account, you must configure a Microsoft account (e.g. Hotmail, Windows Live, Outlook.com)
- In the Mail application, go to Settings > Accounts > Add an account.
- Select Outlook and Show more details.
- Fill in the information.
Now you can start using the Mail application and synchronize your Kerio Connect emails, contacts and calendars.