Opening a support case
If you are experiencing issues with your GFI product, you can open and manage a support case in the GFI Accounts Portal .
To avoid delays, make sure to provide your license key or account number with your support request.
Before you open a new case
- Research the online help and knowledge base for information about known issues and similar problems. See https://www.gfi.com/support
- Ensure you are using the latest build available for your product. New releases have hotfixes and improvements that may solve your issue.
- For issues related to upgrades, consult the GFI Upgrade Center. See https://upgrade.gfi.com/
Opening a new case
To open a new case with support:
- Login to the GFI Accounts Portal.
- Go to Support and click Contact Support.
- Click Log a Case.
- The form loads your contact details automatically. Check if they are correct. To make changes you need to edit your account details.
For more information refer to Editing accounts details.
- Fill in the following fields:
|GFI Product||Select your GFI product from the list.|
|Subject||Enter a subject that summarizes the problem. The description should be short yet complete.|
Select the option that better describe the impact of the problem on your business:
1- Production System Down. Problem is affecting the core business.
2- Restricted Operations. Problem is affecting certain areas related to the business operations.
3- System Performance. Problem is slowing down certain business operations.
4- Questions/inconvenience. Problem is causing some inconveniences to business or some questions need to be answered.
Give a detailed account of your problem. Try to answer the following questions:
|Web phone||Your main telephone contact number|
|Country||Select a country from the list. This information is useful to assign your case to technicians that work on your same time zone.|
|License key||Enter the license key of the GFI product. It is important that your support request form contains either the license key on your account number to verify the validity of your SMA.|
|Version||Version of GFI Product installed.|
|Build||Build number of GFI Product installed.|
|Installed Operating System||Operating System in which the GFI Product is installed.|
|Add attachment||Click the link to attach screenshots or a set of log files collected.|
- Click Submit.