How to change from individual public folders to global public folders and keep your existing public folder data
When you change the type of public folders, users cannot access the previously created public folders.
To change to global public folder and keep the content of your old domain public folders:
- Change the public folders to global folders.
- Stop Kerio Connect.
- Go to your Kerio Connect installation directory to the Mail folder. The default locations are:
- Mac OS X: /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/store/mail
- Red Hat/SuSE: /opt/kerio/mailserver/store/mail
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer\Store\Mail
- For each domain, go to a domain folder and copy the contents of the #public folder to the #public folder in the Mail folder.
All folders must have unique names. If any folders have the same name, you must rename them to prevent the data to be overwritten.
- Start Kerio Connect.
Users with Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition) must either clear the KOFF cache (in control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts) or re-create their profiles.